Joining Lolli again this Friday with my best shot of the week.
It was hard to choose one this week because I’ve taken so many and a lot of them I’ve really liked. But this one stood out to me. I have lots of pictures of Butterfly walking away from the camera in scenic places. Let’s just add this one to the many.
This is from the hike we did and I got so sunburned. The mountains still have snow on the tops. If you look at the big mountain in the front, it looks like it has had stitches. It burned 2 years ago while we were visiting and they did that so it wouldn’t erode so badly with the snow run off.
I love Butterfly’s hand running through the grass at the side of the trail. She seems so content to just be walking where she is. I’d like to be like that more often.
Butterfly, Butterfly pictures, GMYBS, trips to Utah Butterfly, GMYBS, hiking, Lolli, trip, Utah
Today we went to the Zoo! A list of things we did there:
- Saw the baby elephant Zuri. She is not yet a year old and very cute! Also, one of their elephants (not Zuri’s mother) is almost 50 years old making her the oldest elephant on the North American continent. Pretty neat.
- Saw the monkeys which Pirate loves.
- Was pouted at several times by Butterfly because she wanted to push the stroller and kept running it into people so I took it away in the monkey house.
- Had lunch right next to the penguins and enjoyed watching the kids watch them while we ate!
- Rode the carousel. Was pouted at by Butterfly because she couldn’t ride on a tiger and had to ride on a cheetah instead. The horror.
- Rode the train. I actually really liked this ride. I took a few great pictures of the animals on the train.
- Played at the park. Either we’re really smart or silly to put a park at the zoo. The kids LOVED it and cried when we left.
- Fed the ducks and the swans. This was the hit of the day!
- Spent 20 minutes in the diaper changing room (yes, they actually have a room for this! It was very nice.) changing diapers. Fun times.
- Went home very foot sore and tired!
It was a good day at the zoo here. We saw many animals and Butterfly did eventually perk back up after lunch. And my boys fought over Cappy’s single stroller while he happily rode in the boys’ double stroller. And Butterfly was missing her little place in Bob so she could sit down and ride too.
Just another fun day on vacation!
PS- I do have pictures on my computer but it is VERY late and I’m exhausted. Look for them soon though.
trips to Utah, Zoo trip, Utah