It’s our first day of our first summer vacation ever! Yay! Last night, we made a list of things we’d like to do this summer. Everyone got to add something to it, even Flower. Everyone’s top pick? BEACH TRIP! (Professor has been asking to go to the beach all day today because we told them we are going later in the summer.)
Other top billing things for the summer? Pool trips, new playgrounds, gardening, Just Dance 2-off with friends, and Annapolis. We are going to have one fun filled summer! I can’t wait.
To celebrate no school today (or any day for 70 odd days) we went to the Amish Market and had breakfast. Butterfly had 2 chocolate chip pancakes. She put every single kind of jam on them. And then the strawberry jam they leave on the table. And the peanut butter topping. Then syrup. Mmm….
The boys each tried to eat a pancake with butter and strawberry jam on it. Flower had eggs, pancakes, bacon. I had one, lone egg. Sad but true. This diet better be worth it. And the day I get to be off, I’m totally going to the Amish Market for breakfast!
We then played at a new play ground next to the Amish Market. They had a slide made out of rolling bars. The kids and Flower had such a fun time with that! I took a bunch of pictures. (Which you won’t see today because my Internet is spotty and I’m too tired to fight with it.)
We then came home for lunch, naps, and rest time. Juice came home. We had dinner.
Since we went to have ice cream to celebrate the first day of school, we thought we needed ice cream to celebrate the last day of school too! Yesterday was too busy so we went today. Everyone loved their ice cream. I enjoyed an apple.
This summer is going to be fun! I just know it!
Amish ice cream, summer
I think I am a very list oriented person. I like to see the steps all laid out, and I like to check them off. Since there seems to be some things starting in June, let’s start off with a list for the month!
- I have renewed myself to writing every day this month. Joining up NaBloPoMo for June to keep me in line. I’m hoping to get back into the habit.
- I hope to write in my paper journal at least once a month.
- Flower is COMING! She will be here in about 2 weeks and I am beyond thrilled. I can’t wait to go grocery shopping by myself! And weekly dates with Juice! Plus, I love having Flower here to talk to and exposing her to a ton of new and great movies. This is likely her last summer with us. I want to make the most of it.
- Butterfly is almost done with Kindergarten. I can’t believe it! She wanted to do summer school with her friends but I signed up too late. Oops!
- I want to make a big list of summer things to do, like this one. I’m going to wait to do this one until Flower comes, and we can all decide what will make this summer awesome.
- Juice and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year. The plan was that we would go on a cruise this year. We decided that on our honeymoon cruise. But finances won’t permit us to do that this year. Maybe a week at the beach would be a good compromise?
- I am joining a pool this year. Then we can go whenever we want. Butterfly has swim lessons all summer long, but I’d like to get the boys out in the water and comfortable.
- Music lessons. I have put off finding a violin teacher for Butterfly for a year. But now, no more waiting! And no excuses!
There, June. In a nutshell.
Are you sure you want me to write every day?
[edited to add] I can’t believe I forgot one of the biggest things I’m doing this month! Hello new healthy living and eating plan. It’s tough, it’s involved, and I’m nervous about it. You might hear about this one more than any of the others this month, and for the next 3 months! (Which is how long, I’m told, this takes. On average.)
lists Flower, list, summer
So today was the last day of Butterfly’s first 5 years of eternal summer. Mine too I think. Because now, things will follow a very set schedule. And will follow a very set schedule until the boys move out of the house. Looking back at it, I really didn’t know what a good thing I had!
We went and toured her classroom today. We met the music teacher (on the way to the cafeteria) and the gym teacher (on the way to the cafeteria) and the nurse (on the way to the cafeteria) and the librarians…on the way to the cafeteria. Which we never did find. I sure hope they tell her where to go to eat lunch!
Mrs. Madeline is kind. All the other teachers we met said that very word. I’m so glad to hear it. Because Butterfly, for all her boisterous-ness, she is a very gentle soul, sweet, and is easily upset. I was hoping that she would have a teacher that was kind. Butterfly drew a picture for her teacher and wrote on it “I love teacher” and gave it to her today. Mrs. Madeline was thrilled and put it right up next to her desk. The best reaction I could have hoped for.
Even with all this positive school vibes we’re getting here, I’m going to miss our vacation together. Lazy days of staying in our pajamas in the fall and winter, going wherever we want, whenever we want. Taking an hour talking over breakfast because we can. So here’s a picture to remember summer by.
Looking forward to the next stage in our life!
PS- Happily linked to Lolli—be sure to check out today’s blog for more pictures of my kids.
PPS- Also happily entered into PBD’s End of Summer Photo Contest.
Butterfly in School, GMYBS Butterfly, GMYBS, summer
Today I asked Butterfly what she wanted to do with her summer to make it a good one for her. Here are her answers:
1. GO TO THE BEACH! When are we going to the beach? Is it tomorrow? When is next week? Is it the day after tomorrow? Is today tomorrow? Can we go to the beach tomorrow please?
2. Go to the pool.
3. Have popsicles.
4. Read books.
5. Play outside.
6. Roast marshmallows and have s’mores.
Sounds like a pretty good list to me! I think we can do all of these things this summer. Especially that beach trip. I hope she has a good time and enjoys every second of it. I’ve done a ton of planning for it to make it go smoothly. Hopefully it will!
I love that her summer list is so simple. (Except for that beach trip.) I hope that all her summer wants will be so simple.
Butterfly, summer activies Butterfly, summer
Just because we are back from vacation a mere 24 hours ago doesn’t mean that we should take a day to relax. Oh no. I know! Let’s go to the farmer’s market! Like we always do on Thursdays in the summer. I love summer and Thursdays. Today we got a ton of tiny and sweet strawberries. Also some potatoes and apples. The apples were good too!
I also went to the store because we had no food in the house. And after buying a ton of staples, I come home to another list of things to buy that we don’t have. Like butter. And syrup. That would have been good for dinner tonight. Pancakes. Yeah.
Juice also stayed home from work today with a fever and a horrible, horrible cough. All the kids have this awful cough now and green tinged snot. Flower and I also have throat tickles so I imagine we’ll be coughing soon enough.
Hello to you too summer!
sickness 2010, summer activies farmer's market, sickness, summer