As I type this, my dog Soot is dreaming on the couch. Her little tail is wagging, her little paws are twitching, and her little nose is wiggling. Sometimes little yips come from her corner of the couch. Sometimes little growls. Sometimes little whines. It’s completely adorable.
My friend Lolli just went to BlogPaws the Conference for Pet Bloggers, Pet Brands, and Pet Health Care Professionals and brought us back a bunch of goodies for Soot. In honor of the conference, Pedigree has decided to launch a Write a Post, Help a Dog Campaign. The event last year in September included 391 bloggers who wrote about Help a Dog Campaign. With each post, Pedigree donated 20 pounds of its Healthy Longevity dog food to shelter animals. In all, 7,820 pounds of food was donated to two shelters known across the country for their dedication to the care and re-homing of senior dogs: Muttville Senior Dog Rescue in San Francisco and Castaway Critters in Harrisburg, Pa.
How you can help in 2011
Simply spread the word about Write a Post, Help a Dog 2011 and once again Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of food for each blog post. If you don’t have a blog feel free to tweet about the campaign or share on Facebook so your friends who do blog can participate. All bloggers are welcome even if you do not generally talk about pets on your blog. Its all about using Social Media for Social Good.
Here’s how it works:
- The Write a Post, Help a Dog program is aimed at raising awareness of the more then 4 million dogs that wind up in shelters and breed rescues each year. As well as to help get them all food (our goal is 10,000 lbs of food in the next two weeks) for the more than four million dogs that wind up in shelters and breed rescues each year.
- For each blog post mentioning the Pedigree Foundation from now until midnight ET on September 3, Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of its new dry Pedigree recipe food for dogs — its best recipe ever — to a shelter, because every dog deserves leading nutrition.
- Feel free to make your post more visually appealing.
- The Pedigree Foundation — a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit organization is committed to helping dogs by providing grants to shelters and rescues and encouraging dog adoption. This year the Foundation has already raised more than $376,570 against its goal of $1.5 million to carry out its work to fund grants that not only help shelters operate, but to further shelter innovations.
- Donate online at http://pedigreefoundation.org/donate.aspx
- Apply for a shelter grant from the Pedigree Foundation by completing a form at www.pedigreefoundation.org
- Purchase Dogs Rule Gear at www.dogsrulegear.com where the proceeds go to the Pedigree Foundation to help loving dogs find a home. SPECIAL OFFER: Get 10 percent off Dogs Rule Gear by using the promo code BlogPaws10 from August 22 – September 30.