5 things about today. Ready? Go.
1. My back itches. Seriously I want to rub up and down on a tree like bears do. Itch itch itch itch! Guess that means my sunburn from the beach is healing. Itch!
2. We took the boys swimming at Lolli‘s pool today and they did SO good. So did Butterfly! Pirate can get himself around the pool by himself (and his floaty) and turn right side up when he lists to the side. Professor by the end of the hour or so that we were there, would at least let go of your hands and try to propel himself forward. Pretty awesome for their first time in a big pool. Ever. AND! Butterfly went off the diving board and swam to the side all by herself. I was one proud mommy!
3. I got to hold a new baby today and it felt just SO good. I love babies.
4. I forgot how awesome it is to commute in traffic here. It’s awesome, let me tell you!
5. My underwater camera is dead dead dead. Unfix-able dead. It’s so horribly sad I can’t think about it. But you can check out Lolli‘s blog today and see the cute pictures she took of the boys with her camera that WAS just like mine. Did I mention mine is dead?
Lolli, swimming camera, Lolli, swimming
Happily joining up with Lolli and showing off a good picture I took. This is from when we were in Utah. (I have not taken any pictures this week…no one wants to see snot covered kids crying!)
My little Pirate is so observant. He’s the one that found this snail and was happy to be showing off his discovery. Butterfly is standing right next to him and at one point held the snail too. That is, until the snail came out of it’s shell and looked at her. With one eye. That was enough to send her back into the house.
give me your best shot, GMYBS, picture taking, Pirate GMYBS, Lolli, pictures, Pirate
Joining Lolli again this Friday with my best shot of the week.
It was hard to choose one this week because I’ve taken so many and a lot of them I’ve really liked. But this one stood out to me. I have lots of pictures of Butterfly walking away from the camera in scenic places. Let’s just add this one to the many.
This is from the hike we did and I got so sunburned. The mountains still have snow on the tops. If you look at the big mountain in the front, it looks like it has had stitches. It burned 2 years ago while we were visiting and they did that so it wouldn’t erode so badly with the snow run off.
I love Butterfly’s hand running through the grass at the side of the trail. She seems so content to just be walking where she is. I’d like to be like that more often.
Butterfly, Butterfly pictures, GMYBS, trips to Utah Butterfly, GMYBS, hiking, Lolli, trip, Utah
Today I had a blast at the Casual Blogger’s Conference! I only wish I had bought the 2 day pass instead of the one day pass. I seriously felt like I learned a ton. And my favorite part of these things? Making new friends!! But it was a very long day after a very late night last night. And since I love bullets, here’s some of the things I remember:
- Laughing so hard at Matt Townsend and his “puffy pants” story. Also, I loved hearing about relationships from such a talented and engaging speaker.
- Getting my picture taken with Cameron Rafati. He is TALL. Even for me! Plus, he is a talented singer. (Click on the link to get 2 free songs of his!)
- Some amazing photo tips from my good friend Lolli, and also Ann Montgomery. I have a lot of practice to do with my new (for me) camera.
- Learning all about BlogFrog and thinking I will hop on that boat. See more about that a little later when I figure it all out. I also got to meet the co-founders, which was really cool.
- SWAG. Enough said. Plus, I have SWAG for you! Just leave a comment and I’ve got a few goodies to giveaway! I can’t fit everything in my suitcase to go home so I thought I’d share!
- Spending time with my friend Valinda and meeting several people I’ve stalked read online for awhile.
Now, I’m off to go watch Juice fix my mom’s dryer. I love being married to MacGyver.
conferences, giveaways, Lolli, me time, trips to Utah CBC, friends, giveaways, Lolli, SWAG, trips, Utah