I’ve spent the past few days wishing for things that I don’t have. Big things. Like a backyard. Or another room for my house. Or new floors for the one I have. Each dream I’ve had has been big and bold and daring.
Then I noticed I was starting to get unhappy. Unhappy with the fact that I can’t just send my kids out to play. Unhappy that my floors in my house are crap and covered in toys because there is just no where else to put anything.
So I thought that today, I needed to stop and find at least 10 things I was thankful for.
- My family. Including my husband (a dream come true), my children (each one agonizingly prayed for over the course of many years), my parents, my siblings, and all of our extended family. We are really blessed to have everyone loving us so much.
- My husband’s job. Things are changing at his work but he’s been told he has job security. So far, it’s been very secure. And for that, I am truly grateful.
- The knowledge of reading. I figure I spend at least 50% of my day reading. I am SO thankful I can.
- Apples. Apples are just so good and they are in season right now. I had 5 today!
- Indoor plumbing. Enough said.
- Pillows. Who invented pillows? Does anyone know? They make life SO much more comfortable.
- Packages in the mail. I got an AMAZING one from my friend who blogs at Basil Momma. She has some awesome recipes, and some really good taste in jewelery. I’m loving my new necklace!
- The holidays. There is nothing I like better than the holidays. I love how they smell, I love the food that you get to cook with them, I love how people treat each other during them, and I love all the traditions that we do with them. The best part? They are coming up!
- Fall weather. It’s gotten pretty cool here for a few days and I LOVE having to wear pants and jackets. I love that the leaves are just starting to turn, and that soon we will have crisp mornings and bright colors everywhere. And then, after that, it snows! I love snow.
- My blog. How great is it that I get to write down all this information? Just today I spent half an hour reading through my archives when the boys were tiny. I had forgotten so much! I am so grateful that I have these thought preserved not only for myself, but for my kids. Also, I’m loving all the comments you guys make. You are the cherry on top! Thank you!
What are you thankful for? Leave me a comment and let me know!