So last night was my very first uncomfortable pregnancy night. I woke up at 3 (ish) and tossed and turned. I finished a book. I pulled the covers away from Juice (at least 3 times) only to toss them away again. I had 2 leg cramps and pulled my round ligaments just by laying still. There was also a bout with heartburn that I was stubbornly ignoring and failing. I finally fell asleep around 6am, only to be woken up by a screaming Professor for his barrel of monkeys. 20 minutes later.
Did I mention that I was coming down from a super nasty cold/flu thing? Fever, chills, aches, sleeping, snot, etc.
I am not at my best today.
Here’s a few (wordy) highlights from our past weeks because I’m just too tired to upload anything.
- This wonderful surprising baby of ours just keeps surprising us. Latest surprise? It’s a BOY. I thought for sure it would be a girl. Nope. Surprise! Thrilled, but a little sad too. I’ve taken my woes out on Butterfly and bought her a ton of clothes she doesn’t need. Hey, if I’m going to have one girl to buy clothes for, I’m going to live it up!
- Next surprise with Baby Boy. No name. Seriously. With all the other kids I had a name picked out right away that just felt right. Now, I have no clue. I have a few that I’m pondering, but nothing seems like THE name. You know? Name suggestions can fill my inbox…now.
- I never felt the need to “nest” with Butterfly and even the boys I felt maybe I could do something but was on bedrest and not allowed to. This time, it’s hitting my HARD. My current obsession is ripping up my entire bottom floor of the house and putting in new floor. Can’t be that hard, right?!
- We’ve done the annual Labor Day Parade.
- My dad came into town and we spent the day at the county fair with him. I think I got more of a kick out of watching him ride the rides with the kids than anything else.
- Things are slow on the job hunt. But we’re starting to count down in months the termination of his job. He’s had several promising interviews but no job offers. We could use your prayers and thoughts on this matter. Desperately.
Baby, housing improvement, visitors, and jobs. Oh my.