Tonight we had some friends of Jucie’s over for dinner. As they came in and met the kids, Butterfly pipes up with this gem:
“We’re watching She-Ra on Netflix. Netflix has some awesome stuff and this is really good. Netflix only has the good stuff. And it’s new too!”
Of course, then I had to explain to her that She-Ra was the cartoon that I used to watch as a little girl. But it’s new to her and that is what matters.
Other things that Netflix has:
- Voltron- Hello early Power Rangers. Watch at your own risk though. I remember loving Voltron as a kid, but now it’s the exact same story line over and over and over again.
- He-Man. Did you know that He-Man and She-Ra are twins? I seem to have forgotten that tidbit of information. They are. And they have very similar story lines. These don’t make my ears bleed, although I could do without the cat woman chick.
- Rainbow Bright. Seriously love Rainbow Bright. I had Rainbow Bright sheets for years. I love her horse. And I love that we watched Rainbow Bright and the Star Stealer and I still remembered what was going to happen next.
- Star Trek, TNG. I love remembering how we used to watch TNG while eating dinner in our house in Colorado. My brother and I fought over the chair that you didn’t have to turn all the way around to see the tv.
- The Wonder Years. Oh Kevin Arnold. You have such dark curly hair! And I loved you in The Princess Bride too. (Another childhood favorite.) And Winnie with her super long hair. I love this show.
Things that Netflix doesn’t have:
- Ducktails (who-oh!)
- Gummy Bears (bouncing here and there and everywhere)
- My Little Pony
- Full House
- Saved By the Bell
Get on that Netflix, okay? Especially the My Little Pony show. I have a 6 year old who would LOVE it. And then maybe I could enjoy that instead of the new Care Bears (which, frankly, I hate.)
What show do you remember from your childhood?