Things Lost

Juice had most of the day off today so we spent it doing the things I needed to do.  Like go to the grocery store.  I have going to the Aldi here in town for almost 18 months for our groceries.  Juice has NEVER been.  I can’t remember the last time we actually went to the store together.  At least over 18 months!

Lost at the store: my mind.  Those boys are getting harder to take places.  I suppose it doesn’t help that Juice was there to teach them to “fly”, super hero style, up and down the isles.

I made bread today.  I made a half batch of crescent rolls.  The boys have been scarfing these down for breakfast.  It makes a quick and easy thing for me to toss at them as we’re out the door to wait for the bus.  I suppose I could make muffins instead.  Huh.  That’s a thought.

I also made pizza dough for dinner tonight.  The kids LOVE to assemble their own pizzas.  Professor went first.  He had sauce (home made, today, while dough was rising), cheddar cheese, and that’s it.  Pirate had only white cheese, and a tiny bit of cheddar cheese and a WHOLE lot of whining.  Butterfly was last.  She had sauce, white and cheddar cheese, pepperoni, and little bit more cheese.  Juice made his pizza up with sauce, mushrooms, peppers from our garden, onions, pepperoni, and 3 kinds of cheese.  Mozzarella, cheddar, and pepper jack.  He said it was very good.

Lost during pizza making: my shirt.  I splashed oil all over it.  Anyone know how to get oil out of a t-shirt?

We took everyone shopping at the $200 Store after dinner because frankly, we were out of cheese.  We had a good time looking at all the Christmas stuff they have out.  Already.  We did a bit of window shopping in the toy isle.  We comparison shopped.  We impulse bought strawberries.

Lost shortly after the store:  Butterfly’s 4th tooth!  Her top left (?) and now she is missing both her front teeth!

We lost another one Capt'n!

Looks like the tooth fairy is visiting this house tonight!

1. Crystal
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 22:32:53

Wow! Busy day, just reading it made me want some coffee. Thats awesome about the tooth fairy. It always reminds me of the Yo Gabba Gabba Tooth Fairy, lol! Get some rest. :0)

Sep 26, 2011 @ 21:43:20

Thanks Crystal! And thanks for joining the site! I’m so happy to have you here.

2. Gma
    Sep 24, 2011 @ 03:05:32

Dawn is good to take out oil or any other dish detergent or shampoo. Gma

Sep 26, 2011 @ 21:42:51

Ohhh…good tip! Thanks Gma!

3. Kirsten
    Sep 24, 2011 @ 08:09:23

I can totally relate to this post! The lost items, the whining, the oil, the flying through the aisles. What I use to get grease and oil out of clothes is a cleaner/degreaser called Greased Lightning. It is really meant to clean your kitchen, but I use it on our clothes all the time, and never for the kitchen. LOVE it!

Sep 26, 2011 @ 21:42:36

Where do you get it? I’ll pick some up when I’m out.

Sep 26, 2011 @ 09:10:54

Somehow I can totally picture Juice teaching your kids to fly down the aisles. Maybe it hasn’t been such a bad thing that he doesn’t go to the store with you …

Sep 26, 2011 @ 21:41:56

Hehe…you always know my unspoken thoughts…:)

5. Aunt Lisa
    Sep 26, 2011 @ 19:33:44

Hey sweetie,

Try fels-naptha soap if you can find it. It’s a brown bar of soap typically in the laundry aisle. It’s my absolute favorite stain remover and it works really well. Let me know if you can’t find it and i’ll pick one up and send it to you.

Love,

Aunt Lisa

Sep 26, 2011 @ 21:39:47

It’s hard to find here…I’ve looked before! My mom is coming in 2 weeks, could you send a bar with her? Thanks so much Aunt Lisa! You’re the best. :)