Menu Planning Monday, Week 1

I’ve never really posting our menu on here.  Not because I don’t make one.  I do.

Sometimes weeks in advance.

I’ve been known to plan even 1 month in advance.  Why?  When you have your family there that is actually GIVING suggestions without complaining (ahem, Juice) you go with it.

So far, I have this week, next week, and bits of the next week all planned out.  Want to know what we’re eating?

This is our pancake mix recipe.  You make the dry ingredients first, and then scoop out what you need on the day you need it. This recipe makes 12 cups of dry. I make a double batch of the dry ingredients and store it in the freezer.  Then, I use 3 cups of mix for dinner. It lasts me about 2 months.

Buckwheat Pancakes Mix

4 cups whole wheat flour
4 cups buckwheat flour
4 cups white flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon baking soda

Combine in a VERY large bowl. Using a sturdy wire whisk or a pastry cutter, mix thoroughly.

To use:
1 cup buckwheat pancake mix
1 cup buttermilk OR 1 cup milk with 1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 egg

Combine well and scoop onto hot griddle. Turn over as bubbles form and edges look dry.

Enjoy!

(Juice hangs out around the griddle and eats the tiny ones I make right off the pan. Because they taste like cake. Seriously.)

PS- Looking for more menu ideas?

1. Jenna
    Sep 20, 2011 @ 00:38:58

Sounds yummy. Sunday’s are crazy days for us as well, so we often have “leftovers and whatevers” that day. However, when I am really on the ball, I prep and chop on Saturday for a crock pot soup. I toss it all in on Sunday morning before we head out for all day church, and it is ready for us when we get home.

Sep 23, 2011 @ 22:04:20

I love that you prepare it the night before! Because sometimes, I’m really not in the mood to think of dinner in the morning.

2. rainsplats
    Sep 20, 2011 @ 02:30:35

We have been trying a new food planning thing, too. I sat the kids down and got them to list all their favorite foods and then they picked categories for each day. Wednesday is Italian food. Tuesday is Mexican food. Friday is soup night. Monday is sandwich night. Thursday is frozen night. Saturday is breakfast night. And Sunday was Asian…but my kids didn’t like it so maybe we’ll switch to crock pot or something….
    It makes it easier to go shopping without over-buying…even when I don’t make a list first.
    I like to have leftovers for lunch.
    That braided pizza looks yum!

Sep 23, 2011 @ 22:03:03

Hey you could eat the braided pizza for a Wednesday! :) We eat leftovers for lunch here too, or macaroni and cheese.

3. Sarah E.
    Sep 21, 2011 @ 22:52:23

I plan monthly too :) Your menu this week sounds pretty similar to mine!

Sep 23, 2011 @ 22:00:50

Yay for similar weeks! What are you having next week?

4. packers and movers in delhi rohini
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 04:15:28

I like the helpful info you supply on your articles.

I will bookmark your blog and test again here frequently.
    I am relatively sure I will learn plenty of new stuff right here!
    Good luck for the following!