Pool Rats

This year for summer, we decided to skip joining the aquarium again and use that money to create our own aquarium. We joined a pool! So now we can go whenever we want!

We spent Saturday there. As in, SATURDAY. First, I took Butterfly to her swim lessons (not at this pool) and then we came home and took everyone else there. We stayed until nap time. Which is big for us.

By the end of that pool trip, Pirate was letting go and getting around the pool (with his floaty) on his own. Professor discovered a kick board and was in heaven. And Butterfly (the fish) thrashed around wonderfully.

She even jumped off the diving board by herself. And got herself back to the wall all by herself. I was not in the pool at all.

Wow she is growing up!

So the first thing she said this morning was, “Let’s go to the pool!” The boys piped up after her, “Pool!” So that’s what we did when Daddy came home. We went until it closed. It was awesome. This is going to be so much fun!

What’s not so fun? All the wet towels. And wet swim suits hanging over every door.

1. Laura @ Our House Of Joyful Noise
    Jun 28, 2011 @ 14:21:56

Pools are a great way to spend the summer. But I agree….the wet towels and bathing suits can get tiresome. As can the sand, when we get home from the beach. But the kids have a blast, as you know, and these are memories they will remember forever. Wishing you a cool summer. : )

Jun 28, 2011 @ 19:07:03

Oh the sand! I hate the sand at the beach. This year, I’m going to try and leave it all there! Wish me luck.

2. Brittany Baughman
    Jun 28, 2011 @ 14:28:17

We had one of those above ground pools from Walmart and it lasted one summer. We had TONS of fun, and I dealt with all the wetness, but what was killing me was the MUD. We lived in Tucson, AZ at the time and there is no grass. Just dirt. Dirt+pool= me mopping my floors every day. The pool was taken down and sold that fall LOL. I would love to join a pool or get another one now that we are in heaven…I mean Texas.

Jun 28, 2011 @ 19:06:34

Yeah, the mud would kill me too! I’m just pleased that we have an outlet this summer.

3. Kirsten
    Jun 29, 2011 @ 17:01:07

Which pool did you join? Glad you did it. The kids will love it, and it tires them out to sleep well.

Jun 30, 2011 @ 22:28:02

Yours! We should get together and swim sometime. :)