Winter Solstice 2010

Why would Juice and I spend an hour standing outside in the middle of the night on the Winter Solstice?  Because of this:

fulleclipsemarked

Totally totally worth it.

Wordish Wednesday

1. Dad
    Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:28:18

This is totally awesome, Sweets! I wish I had been there with you.

Dad

Dec 23, 2010 @ 10:29:51

We talked about you while we were shooting Dad. Wish you could have been there!

2. Amy
    Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:42:17

Very fun and I can’t believe I totally forgot about the eclipse tonight. duh.

Dec 23, 2010 @ 10:29:26

That’s okay Amy. It was cloudy in your neck of the woods anyway. :)

3. debora
    Dec 22, 2010 @ 03:11:17

Slc, Utah was/ is under cloud cover. Great picture. It looks like a blood moon.

Dec 23, 2010 @ 10:28:56

It surprised Juice with the color. He didn’t realize that eclipses made the moon red.

Dec 22, 2010 @ 03:36:51

Sooo cool! It was way to cloudy to see it here, thanks for sharing what we missed.

Dec 23, 2010 @ 10:27:50

Anything I can do to help Valinda.

5. Kathleen@so much to say
    Dec 22, 2010 @ 08:07:17

Awesome! We had cloud cover, too, but we watched the last eclipse–what, two years ago now? It was cool. Good for you guys! And what an unbelievable picture!

Dec 23, 2010 @ 10:27:22

I think we had cloud cover for the last eclipse so I guess we just traded! Thanks for admiring my picture. It’s the favorite one I’ve taken this year.

6. CarolW
    Dec 22, 2010 @ 08:12:00

Oh my! What a FABULOUS photograph. We couldn’t see anything here because we had cloud cover and Hubby was very dissappointed but I showed him your photo and that seemed to make a big difference. He’s gone off to check out his camera now in the hope he can get some super Winter shots as a whole pile of snow has just dumped itself onto our garden. I have added myself as your newest follower/admirer.
    Please drop by and maybe follow me if you fancy a laugh. I’d be delighted to welcome you.
    Friendly wishes from a very snowy and cold UK
    Carol from http://www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com – the blog that gives you laughter lines. (Has that put you off?)

Dec 23, 2010 @ 10:26:33

Thanks for joining up Carol! It’s so nice to meet some new people. I hope that your hubby has better luck with his camera than with the drawing class! :)

7. Kirsten
    Dec 23, 2010 @ 22:50:43

I keep coming back to look at the picture because it is so beautiful. But, I keep wondering what is that curly W looking thing in the sky. Is that something you added in?

Dec 23, 2010 @ 23:06:36

Yeah, I added a watermark so people won’t steal the picture…

8. Dumb Mom
    Dec 24, 2010 @ 09:09:20

I was WAY too lazy to get up and go see. But, it does look spectacular.

Dec 29, 2010 @ 23:31:22

It was totally worth the missed sleep. Loved it!