We’re here in Pennsylvania for the 30th anniversary of the PA Renaissance Faire. Should be fun! Some highlights from today:
- We left about 3 hours later than we wanted to leave. The house desperately needed to be clean. The car too. And then we needed gas. And then I thought we should get the oil changed. And then we kept finding things to remember to bring. But what did we NOT remember to bring? Coats. And it’s about 60 degrees today. Yeah…
- It was only a 2 hour drive from our house. Seriously, we could have done this as a day trip. But then we wouldn’t have had the pleasure of getting all 3 kids to sleep in a hotel!
- Driving through PA, I asked Butterfly if it was different than MD. She said yes. Her reason? “There are less plants.” Okay then. I think she means less trees. There are a lot more fields here, and a lot less houses. Juice and I keep teasing each other than we could move to PA one day. That’s a whole state closer to Utah, right?
- The hotel suggested a restaurant for us “just down the road”. After about 20 minutes of driving aimlessly and finally getting the gps out, we found it. 5 miles away! Never trust directions that say, “go to the T intersection off of the square and turn right”. In our wanderings, we saw a cool street name: Kraken Alley!
- At dinner, the boys had maybe two bites and wanted to play the rest of the time. They ended up tipping over a chair with Pirate on it. They both screamed. We left a 10 dollar tip because we were in such a rush to get out of there. Not one of our most stellar restaurant eating stories.
- The hotel lost power FOREVER tonight. We were planning on watching a movie with the kids to keep them quiet and hopefully get them to go to sleep. Instead, we all laid in the dark trying to be quiet. The kids giggled and moved and popped their heads up, and we (as parents) kept saying “Lay down!” “Be quiet!” “Go to sleep!” They fell asleep, and the power came back on. At about 11pm. And now I’m going to bed to sleep like everyone else!