Way Back Wednesday: Plaid

Playing along with Cheryl from Twinfatuation this week:

Matching Shirts

Pirate, age 6 months

Daddy, age 30

It was so funny to me to see Pirate wearing a hand me down outfit that perfectly matched his daddy’s shirt!  I thought it was hysterical, Juice…not so much.  He was a good sport and posed for pictures though.

Juice has started growing that goatee back in anticipation of his roll as “The Man in Black.”  His goatee is at the poky stage that I just don’t care for kissing.  But, he does it every year and is thrilled to pieces to be getting ready to go to the Renn Faire this year again!

PS- In school news, I talked to Butterfly’s teacher this morning while I dropped Butterfly off.  Apparently, she had a huge sobbing melt down in class.  And all because Mrs. Madeline told her she couldn’t answer every question.  Well, yes, she does need to let everyone else take a turn.  And yes she got all the answers right.  But I’m not sure Mrs. Madeline conveyed the turn taking to Butterfly, and all Butterfly heard was that she shouldn’t answer any questions.  At all.  Hence the melt down.  Butterfly and I will have a talk about this this afternoon when she gets home.

It was harder to drop her off today with that news than it was to drop her off on the first day.  I hope she does better today!

1. The Flower Maiden
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 15:36:08

Aww, poor Butterfly. I was talking to Sprout’s preschool teacher this morning and she was saying that kids don’t learn to stand in line or give others turns until well after Kinder has started. I’m sure she’ll catch on quick, but I hate to hear that she was crying. I hope today went better and that her ear is feeling better as well. How are you holding up with her in school?

Sep 02, 2010 @ 18:17:58

I hated to hear that she was crying too. I knew that she’d be learning these things (taking turns, walking in lines, etc) this year but I was sad to hear about the tears. I’m loving having her in school because she is ready to be without all of us for a few hours. And I’m ready to be without her for a few hours too. :)

Sep 01, 2010 @ 16:15:33

George was pretty convinced that Mrs. Church wasn’t pulling her name out of the chance card container on purpose, just to be mean. (The whole story is in yesterday’s first post) Hopefully they will both adjust soon! I knew that smart little girl of yours would be at the top of the class. :)

Sep 02, 2010 @ 18:15:58

Uh, yeah, had almost an exact story/reaction. These girls will adjust soon, I’m sure!

3. Kelly
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 21:03:43

That girl of yours cracks me up! So many kids are hoping the teacher doesn’t call on them and she can’t get enough of it. Too funny. Doesn’t surprise me as smart as she is. I’m sure she’ll adjust and be just fine. It’s still the first week. By Christmas she’ll have it all down pat. Hang in there Mama! :)

Sep 02, 2010 @ 18:14:50

Oh I bet she’ll be sick of school by Christmas and know all the rules by heart. That’s just who she is. And I would have been one of the shy ones who wouldn’t say anything! She’s pretty amazing that she wants to answer!

4. Leslie B.
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 23:36:04

Poor girl. It’s just par for the course. When she was home and you were asking her questions and she was the only one to answer, that kinda became the law of the land. Now that she is at school with 18 others, she’ll learn that not all of the answers are directed at her. Learning curves, the first of many…Mama’s way of explaining is different than a teacher’s way….

Leslie

Sep 02, 2010 @ 18:13:40

Exactly Leslie. Guess it’s good for her, but hard too!

5. Gma
    Sep 02, 2010 @ 01:07:42

Are you taking it personally? Butterfly will do just fine. Listen and encourage. That will mean much to her. Gma

Sep 02, 2010 @ 18:13:06

Of course I’m not taking it personally. I was just saying that it was hard to leave her there when she had a hard time. That’s all.