This week’s question at the Multiples and More blog is more of a writing exercise.
Write a list of 10 surprising things about yourself
It didn’t say whether it was 10 surprising to me or to other people. So you get 5 of each. Starting with the surprising things to me.
- I love being a mother. This one surprised me because I liked kids. But before Butterfly, I was not interested in having them. At all. I wanted to do things with my life. But then I had Butterfly and I was surprised how much I loved being a mother. Oh I loved her, but I LOVED being a mother. And the boys made it even more fun for me. That surprised me.
- I have turned into a night owl. I used to love to get up early in the day before everyone was up. I used to be able to get so much done before 9am. Now I’m hard pressed to even get out the door before 10am…10:30am…11am. Guess that will all change tomorrow with Butterfly starting school!
- Swimming in the ocean kind of creeps me out. Oh it’s great and beautiful and I love it. But swimming in water I can’t see the bottom of scares me.
- I worry. A lot.
- I am so disorganized since having kids. I used to be so good at keeping things together. But now…I’m lucky if I can remember what day it is.
Okay, 5 surprising things to other people:
- I have a temper. I rarely show it to anyone. And really, those of you who know me in person, know that I’m pretty even keeled. It’s like a sleeping volcano.
- I can’t spell. And I was an English major. Thank goodness for spell check.
- I am a pack rat. Boy do I hold on to things. I always seem to find uses for things years later.
- I love science. I love how organized it all is, and how everything tends to have it’s own place. I didn’t make it my career because I hate math.
- I used to jump horses. Once I jumped a 5.7 foot fence and it scared the crap out of me. Thrilled my teacher though.