Juice’s Sick Day

Why is it when I get sick I have to soldier on and still try to keep the house together and feed children while feeling terrible but when Juice gets sick he gets to lock himself in our room and watch movies all day long?

Because that’s what happened today.  Looks like he caught the stomach thing that the kids had.  I DO NOT WANT THIS.  I have tons of stuff to do this week that I can’t put off.

So while he slept and watched non-animated movies uninterrupted, we went to a birthday party, ran a few errands, I worked for several hours while the boys slept, I got them dinner and did some planning for our upcoming trip.  So I basically had my normal day but had him always on my mind.  Plus, I was a super nice wifey and brought him broth and water in bed.

Hopefully he’ll be better by tomorrow and will go to work so I can have a normal day!

Tonight’s winner of the $10 Land’s End Gift card is…my Dad!  Congrats Dad and thanks for commenting.  I’ll bring your card next week.

And remember, my other giveaways are still open!

SEED Power Travel Kit

Ergo Baby Carrier

Hand Beaded Necklace and Earring Set

1. rainsplats
    May 19, 2010 @ 01:35:20

Men!!

…stay hydrated just in case

• Kirsten
      May 19, 2010 @ 08:08:10

My sister was just making the same observation the other day when her husband stayed home sick. Being a mom is a tough job! Hope he’s better soon, and that you stay immune.

2. Ida Cole
    May 19, 2010 @ 09:35:27

Because he is a man and that is what men do when they get sick. I really believe this has been going on for decades. At least he stayed out of your way and did not demand special attention like wanting you to come up keep him company or bring him things to drink.

3. Dad
    May 19, 2010 @ 10:43:41

Sick?? Not allowed! The only way to not be sick is to set your mind against it. I hate being sick.

Thanks for the gift card! I am going to use it on some new shoes!

Dad

4. MommyForTwo
    May 19, 2010 @ 19:52:48

I hear ya, sister! I have bronchitis and nothing has changed for me (except that I cannot yell as loud!!Ha!). Keeping my fingers crossed that the sun comes out tomorrow, J feels better and you don’t get “it” before your trip!

5. Kelly
    May 19, 2010 @ 21:17:04

What I would give for a sick day!